Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blueberry Apple Flax "Pancake"

This is the most delicious breakfast "pancake". It has a strange texture, but the flavor is amazing. Both of my kids didn't like it at first...I think because of the texture, but after a few bites, they wanted more! It also doesn't flip over for me like it is supposed to. So, I just mush it around the pan a while until it is nicely browned and flip it the best I can. My version isn't as pretty as the original version from http://simplygluten-free.com , but I am so thankful for this recipe! It fills that sweet tooth I have!
Ingredients:

1 small (or ½ large) apple – roughly chopped
1 large egg
3 tablespoon flax seed meal
1 tablespoon water
1 pinch kosher or sea salt
½ cup blueberries
Directions:

Put the apple in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to chop it up. Add the egg, flax seed meal, water and salt and process until well blended.

Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium high heat and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the hot pan and turn the heat down to low. Sprinkle the blueberries on top of the batter and gently press them into the top of the pancake. Cook for about 6 minutes or until the edges look dry, the bottom is browned and the pancake will slide around in the pan after it has been loosened with a spatula. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes. The pancake should feel firm to the touch. Flip onto a plate (blueberry side up) and serve.
Servings

Makes 1 large gluten free pancake.

No comments:

Post a Comment