Thursday, January 21, 2016

Date sweetened cinnamon raisin oat bars

So, I'm often looking for a bar that we can easily grab for a snack. I've tried many recipes and I finally found this lovely recipe at www.beginwithinnutrition.com , but I'm trying to use the least processed foods/sweeteners. So, I substituted out the brown rice syrup for homemade date paste. The result was kid approved and in my opinion absolutely yummy! I hope you enjoy it as well!

Ingredients:
1½ cup gluten free rolled oats
½ cup almond butter, unsweetened
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup date paste
¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup raisins

Directions:
In a medium sized bowl, mix almond butter, melted coconut oil, date paste, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Then, mix in raisins and oats (you may grind them prior to mixing in, if you wish). I did not grind the oats until the mixture was already together. So, I just pulsed half of the mixture in my food processor, until I got my desired consistency. I still like the "chunkiness" of the oats and raisins and didn't want the mixture to get too smooth (like a larabar). Anyhow, the end result was just right for me. You can play around with the texture that you prefer by only using the food processor on parts of your whole batch.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment