Thursday, August 25, 2016

Banana Oat Blender Muffins

I was looking to find something to do with my very ripe bananas and I came upon this recipe.
I didn't want to use dairy, so I adapted the ingredients and they turned out as a huge success!!!
I did bend our sugar free rule, with the use of chocolate chips, however they were dairy free and had very little sugar (compared to other brands). You've gotta live sometimes, ya know?!?!?! :) And I also know that if I put pecans or almonds in them another day, that my kids would still be happy!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup extra oats (to mix in, NOT blend)
  • 2 large very ripe bananas
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon himalayan salt
  • *optional add-in: chocolate chips (I added 4 dark chocolate chips to each muffin or nuts)
Directions:
Prehead oven to 400 degrees F.
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender (like Vitamix), EXCEPT 1/4 cup oat and *add-ins
Blend until thoroughly combined and oats are pulverized. 
Then, stir in oats.
Pour into 12 lined and/or sprayed muffin tins.
Finally, toss a few chocolate chips on top, if desired. A few go a long way! My kids were amazed that there were chocolate chips in their breakfast (and they only got 4)

Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment